Because of the many restrictions through these upcoming months there will only be one Divine Liturgy celebrated in both Ukrainian and English at 10:00AM on Sunday until further notice.
Welcome Back! The following guidelines have been established by the Church for your safety and are expected to be in effect and followed by all Church attendees until further notice:
1. Entrance into the Church will be through the side ramp entrance only. Exit will be by the back stairway. If you can not use the stairs, please wait patiently for all to exit prior to exiting down the ramp.
2. As you enter the Church please use hand sanitizer. Feel free to bring your own sanitizer wipes if you feel necessary to wipe down the pews. A cleaning crew will be taking action after each Divine Liturgy.
3. Temperatures will be taken prior to entry into the Church. No one with a temperature over 99 will be admitted to the Church building.
4. Face masks are to be worn at all times.
5. Social distancing of 6 feet from one another, unless you are a family that has been living together during this time, is expected.
6. If you feel ill, please stay home. If you are caring for a loved one who is ill with COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
7. Parishioners 65 years and older are encouraged to take extra caution during this time and stay home to avoid exposure to COVID-19.
8. A log book of all attending at Divine Liturgy will be kept.
9. There will no longer be any prayer books in the pews. If you need a prayer book, please let us know when we take weekly attendance and will will sign one out to you. It will be your responsibility to bring and use your book weekly when attending liturgies.
10. Please be patient with these guidelines as this is a learning curve for all and we want to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!
Слава Ісусу Христу! Слава Haвikи!
Welcome (Bітаємо) to St. Peter and St. Paul Ukrainian Catholic Church, Ansonia, Connecticut! Our parish was founded in 1897 for the Glory of God by immigrants from Lemkivshchnya, Galacia, Carpatho-Ukraine, other regions of Western Ukraine and is proudly one of the oldest Ukrainian Greek Catholic churches established in Connecticut and the United States!
Sunday Divine Liturgy is celeberated at 10:00AM in both Ukrainian and English, please join us! Please refer to the weekly bulletin for additional information and updates.
NINETH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
Gospel (Mt 14,22-34): At that time, Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and precede him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. After doing so, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When it was evening he was there alone. Meanwhile the boat, already a few miles offshore, was being tossed about by the waves, for the wind was against it. During the fourth watch of the night, he came toward them, walking on the sea. When the disciples saw him walking on the sea they were terrified. “It is a ghost,” they said, and they cried out in fear. At once he [Jesus] spoke to them,” Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.” Peter said to him in reply, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” He said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw how [strong] the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” After they got into the boat, the wind died down. Those who were in the boat did him homage, saying, “Truly, you are the Son of God.” After making the crossing, they came to land at Gennesaret.
9-а НЕДІЛЯ ПО ЗІСЛАННІ СВ. ДУХА
Євангелія (Мт 14,22-34): Того часу, Ісус зараз же спонукав учнів увійти до човна й переплисти на той бік раніше від нього, тим часом як він відпускав народ. І коли відпустив народ, пішов на гору помолитися насамоті. Як звечоріло, він був там сам один. Човен уже був посеред моря і його кидали хвилі, бо вітер був супротивний. О четвертій сторожі ночі (Ісус) прийшов до них, ступаючи морем. Учні, побачивши, що він іде морем, жахнулись. “То привид!” - заговорили й закричали з переляку. Та Ісус тієї ж миті мовив до них: “Заспокойтесь, - це я, не страхайтеся!” Аж тут Петро озвавсь до нього й каже: “Господи, коли це ти, повели мені підійти водою до тебе!” “Підійди,” - сказав Ісус. І вийшов Петро з човна, почав іти по воді і підійшов до Ісуса; але, побачивши, що вітер сильний, злякався, почав потопати й крикнув: “Господи, рятуй мене!” Ісус же притьмом простягнув руку, вхопив його і мовив до нього: “Маловіре, чого засумнівався?” І як увійшли до човна, вітер ущух. А тоді ті, що були в човні вклонилися йому до ніг, кажучи: “Ти істинно - Син Божий!” І перепливши, прибули в землю генезаретську.